Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Am I behind, or what?

I want to begin with an apology. I can't believe that it has been over a month since my last post! Our Anniversary was months ago and a lot has happened since and here I am, keeping you all in the dark!!!
The month of August was busy, busy, busy! We took a couple trips to the lake, I went back to work, and Stephen celebrated his 26th birthday. Stephen doesn't like to make a big deal about his big day so it was pretty low key. I made Stephen's favorite dinner: Spinach Manicotti, and we had apple pie for dessert!
Work has been hectic to say the least. I started the school year teaching a 4/5 combo class and Gateways (an intensive intervention for students that are two or more years below grade level in their reading and writing). About two weeks into school I became a straight 4th grade class (and Gateways, of course). Since then, things have been much smoother, but I am really beginning to look forward to next year when I won't have to teach Gateways anymore. I think the program is great and I can really see how some of my struggling students will benefit, I just don't feel that our district is using the proper resources to implement the program at this time.
Anyways, besides work nothing too exciting is going on. Stephen has started another season of Ice hockey, so that keeps us busy most Sunday afternoons. We are anxiously waiting for Reign season to be here, but until then we will have to find other things to occupy our time.

I promise I will try and blog more frequently from now on! Talk to you all soon!

0 comments:

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012