Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Washington D.C.

The past few days have been absolutely wonderful!!!! I was fortunate enough to spend some real quality time with one of my dearest friends in her new home!!! On Friday I caught my flight to Baltimore where, after a short delay, Renee and Ryan picked me up and we had a wonderful dinner! We to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore where we walked around and enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner at Phillip's. Renee and I both had the King Crab Macaroni and Cheese...It was soooo good!!! After dinner we went to Giant and got some ice cream, then went to their apartment, enjoyed our ice cream and relaxed in front of the TV.




On Saturday, Renee was my tour guide of the National Mall. We went to the White House, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam War Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and the creepy Korean War Memorial. It was so amazing to see so many beautiful structures! I even got to stand in the same exact spot that Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous speech! After our tasty lunch at Cosi we went to the National Archives and saw the Magna Carta, and the real Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights. After seeing some of the beautiful handwritten documents from history, I have been inspired to take Calligraphy classes!! After the Archives we walked around the Capital Building (Where Renee and I will soon work as congresswomen!!) and then went to Adams Morgan for monterous pizza. We ate our pizza, had some Starbucks and then went to the movies to see Madagascar 2, which we both loved!






On Sunday, Renee had to work so I headed to the Zoo, which was so much fun. It was hard for me to go such a long time without talking, but I managed to do okay! I got see a lot of really unique and beautifyl animals. After they put the animals away at the zoo, I took the Metro (all by myself) to see Renee at work. We had dinner at Chef Jeoff's and then I went to a Rho Chi meeting with her. It was nice to see the American University Campus and see Renee hard at work at her new job. She has definately found her calling!



On Monday Renee and I had lunch at a cute cafe in Bethesda, then headed out to do more touristy things! We went to the Library of Congress where I realized that if I am ever going to amount to anything, I need to start reading more books!!! We saw Thomas Jefferson's book collection and we were in absolute shock! We saw the Capital again and took some really nice pictures. They have the entire lawn surrounding the Capital builing blocked off in preparation for the inauguration. It was quite a sight! Renee even cried, it was sweet! Then we booked it through the National Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. Both of which were really great! Once the museums closed we headed to Georgetown and had a wonderful BBQ dinner at Old Glory with Ryan and his friend from work.





On Tuesday I had to go home which was an adventure in itself!!! There was bad weather in Houston so we had to circle in the air for almost an hour before we could land. We were an hour late landing so I ran to my connecting flight, the plane had already boarded and I was the last one on the plane. Upon entering the plane I noticed that it was pretty empty. We all sat there for about 15 minuted when a flight attendant announced that we were missing 63 passengers from connecting flights along with the Pilot and Co-Pilot. So we were able to get off the plane....The Pilot was stuck in San Antonio because of the bad weather. Our flight was delayed several times, but when our Pilot finally arrived we re-boarded the plane...We back out of our gate and sat there, and sat there, and sat there. After about 30 minutes of sitting, the pilot announced that we were number 25 for take of....WHAT?!?!?!?! It took us almost as hour of just sitting before we were finally airborne. I finally got home and was greeted by my hubby who I missed very much! I can't wait to go back!!

1 comments:

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

Love it! We had such a great time! I miss you so much already!!

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012