Monday, October 27, 2008

Close Call


So as many of you may or may not know, Stephen likes to live life on the edge. This weekend, he came very close to flying over that edge! On Sunday, Stephen went 4 x 4'n with his Uncle Dean and his friend Rich. They started out normal, Rich and Stephen drove up to Big Bear to meet Dean at his house, they fueled up, grabbed lunch and headed down some trails. Things were going fine, until about 5:00 pm when Stephen called me. I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was not just calling to say "I love you".

He told me that his trucked rolled but that nobody got hurt. Luckily a large boulder stopped the truck from rolling down a huge cliff! I was relieved that everyone was safe, but as soon as I hung up the phone I started crying. It was actually quite strange because I could not control myself....I am usually not a cryer, but for some reason knowing that I could have lost him in an instant was a shock.

I pray everyday for the Lord to keep Stephen safe. Rich said a prayer before heading up Sunday morning and with an accident like this, there is only one reason that they made it out alive and that is God. I am so thankful that he is watching out for us all of the time, and protecting us even if we don't always deserve it!


Before, while they were still having fun.


After

The rock that stopped them from rolling down the mountain!!!

1 comments:

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

Holy Moly! We are thankful he is ok too!!!

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012