Saturday, February 7, 2009

Economic News

Wow! I can not believe how little I have been blogging lately! The past month has been interesting to say the least! As many of you know, the state budget in California has yet to be approved. With the budget that the Governator has proposed, my school district is trying to cut 6.7 million dollars of spending for the 2009-2010 school year. Because I do not have tenure ( I would get it the first day of next school year) losing my job is highly likely at this point. This week at work the district released its seniority list. All Elementary teachers are ranked with the most senior teacher on the top of page 1 and the least senior teacher on the bottom of page 13. My name lands smack dab in the middle of page 11....Hmmm?!?!?! Not quite sure what to think about that!
The district has said that they will lay off a minimum of 51 teachers. I tried to count backwards on the list and there are only 39 people below me. I have quit stressing out about this whole thing. Anything that happens will happen for a reason, and I have to accept and appreciate that. Hopefully the district will re-hire me later in the summer. I will have no guarantee about where or what I will be teaching. I just need to remember to be thankful for what I have. So many people are losing so much more than their jobs right now.
I am thankful that I have such a supportive husband, and good friends! I still have my house and my health. I will try to be better and keep you updated on any job related news.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Oh girl, I feel your pain. My hubby's district told them that they are looking at pink slipping about 450 teachers by March! HOLY COW! We are beyond scared!

I am crossing my fingers for all CA teachers!!!

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012