Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ft. Lauderdale

So, it's been over a month since we have been home home from our cruise and Florida, but I never blogged about how much fun we had in Ft. Lauderdale! We were only there for one day, but we had a blast! We got off the ship and had to fight for a cab (well, not quite, but I would have clocked that old lady if she didn't stop yelling that she was next, when we in fact we were there first!) We got to our hotel, checked in and went to the beach for a while. It was early, so it was a bit chilly, but still nice!

After that, we went to the Everglades where we took an airboat ride and saw a gator show! Stephen even enjoyed some tasty "Gator Bites". I must admit that I was afraid to try the alligator nuggets, but they really did taste like chicken, they were just a little chewier. On our airboat ride, we saw 2 alligators. One swimming in the water and one sunning on the shore. I was a little nervous, because gators can jump 3/4 of their body length out of the water, and I was sitting on the edge! Luckily, I ended the ride with all of my apendages!!!
After the Everglades, we headed back to downtown Ft. Lauderdale where we ate at Bubba Gumps and walked through the little oceanside shops. We went back to the hotel early so we could repack and get to sleep for our early flight!


Here are a few pictures from our day!

0 comments:

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012