Saturday, April 25, 2009

RIF Notices

Well, this year I was not fortunate enough to escape the dreaded "pink slip". I kind of knew that it was coming because our principal showed us a copy of our districts seniority list back in January and I was pretty close to the bottom. On March 13th (Pink Friday) my principal called me into her office and handed me my layoff notice. I must say, I was very disappointed that it wasn't actually pink, but plain old white :(
Last Friday, April 17th we had our RIF hearing at the district office. The hearing was anti-climactic, but we received some pretty good news. The district will only be handing out 29 final layoff notices. These notices must be delivered before May 15th. If I counted correctly, I am still on this list, but I am fourth from the top. This means that I need 4 more people in the district to resign or retire! Keep your fingers crossed for me! I will do my best to keep you updated!

0 comments:

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012