Monday, February 8, 2010

The World's Best Baby Shower

This Saturday I was the guest of honor at the World's Best Baby Shower. My Sister-in-law Stacey and friend Amber (along with their army) planned and executed the perfect shower. We met once a few weeks ago and they asked me if there was anything particular that I did or did not want at the shower. I only had a few minor requests, and they made sure that those requests were fulfilled. They would not share any details with me, so I was very anxious and excited.
When I arrived, a lot of guests were already there because it had been raining so I am sure a lot of them left early to allow time for traffic. I even had an extra special guest: My grandma from Oregon drove down to surprise me. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was in absolute shock at how much work they put into this. The decorations were beautiful and the food was to die for. They were even up until 2:30am the previous morning finishing the cake.
My friends and family were so generous with their gifts. I could not believe how many presents baby Seth received. I tried to open them quickly, but it still took almost 2 hours. We got a lot of clothes, hand made blankets/quilts, and our pack 'n play, carseat, stroller, and exersaucer.
The shower definitely ended with a bang when my Grandma started a small fire on one of the tables. It was an accident and we were able to get it out quickly, but it was still a big ending to an even bigger celebration. Thank you to Stacey and Amber for an amazing day!


The beautiful centerpieces and favors:

Diaper cake and gifts: The homemade cake:
The Hostesses and I
The Grandma's to be:

0 comments:

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012