Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our first trip to Labor and Delivery

Well, I am only 32 weeks, but Seth decided to give us a little scare. On Saturday, I was picking up the house and had a few Braxton Hicks contractions. I have been feeling BH contractions since 27 weeks or so, so I wasn't too concerned. At our birthing class we were told that more than 4 in an hour is something to be concerned about. I had 3 in a span of 20 minutes so I drank a big bottle of water and sat down for a little bit.
Stephen and I needed to run a few errands. I noticed that the contractions were coming every 4-5 minutes. This had me a little worried because Braxton Hicks shouldn't be timeable. I timed them for a half hour and they were very consistent so I called Labor and Delivery. The nurse was very nice and told me to monitor them at home, drink tons of water, and call back in an hour if they hadn't slowed down.
Between 12:15 and 1:45 I had 20 contractions. I called Labor and Delivery again and they recommended that I come in for observation and a few tests. Stephen was such a trouper, I could tell he was nervous and scared, but he stayed positive and kept telling me everything would be fine. I got all checked in and changed into my gown. The nurse I talked to on the phone was the nurse that took care of me. She hooked me up some monitors and did a few tests and sent them to the lab.
She came back every 20 minutes to check on me and Seth. Seth looked great, his heartbeat was strong and he was moving a lot. Everything was good with me, except for the contractions.
I was not dialted and all of the tests that they ran came back good. They gave me a shot of Tributaline to stop te contractions and watched me for another hour. Things slowed down so they let me go home to rest. I have been doing just that, and I have an appointment with my regular OB tomorrow. We will have to wait and see what he has to say about all of this.
I will definitely keep you posted!

1 comments:

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

Oh goodness! Thankfully Seth decided to stay in a little while longer! How scary! I think maternity leave might be coming your way sooner than you think! Keep your legs crossed!

 

The Moore Family Blog © | Template By Rockaboo Designs © | 2012